Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Best games of all time. Top 10 part 1


Like many of you, I also like to play video games. And to be honest with you, there has been a lot of unnecessary time spent in front of the screen.
I'd like to make a little post about the games I think are the best through all time. Keep in mind this is personal preference.


10. Portal (PC)

Released on October 2007, this game really caught my interest. I had no idea this game was being developed until Valve released The Orange Box on Steam.
I have always loved puzzle games, so this game was right up my alley.














Not only was the puzzles itself very entertaining, but the story line, which continued from the Half Life series, was just plain awesome.



9. GoldenEye 007 (Nintendo 64)

















Released in 1997, this game was THE game to play when having friends over. The multi player part was the best.
I remember we used to ban the golden gun from being used, simply because it was way too overpowered.
















Who doesn't remember those remote mine fights?



8. Pokemon Stadium (Nintendo 64)

















Pokemon Stadium....Where do I start? It was released in 2000 and I even play this game the day today, simply because its really addicting.
I remember the single player part of the game as really difficult (the part where you defeat the gyms), and I still can't beat them.
The multi player part however, is brilliant.

Ekans hurl hoop anyone?














Or how about some Clefairy, Clefairy?


















7. Lego Racers (Nintendo 64)


















Released in 1999, this is another game which focuses on competitive play. I prefer this over Mario Kart, because I really like the power-ups of this game.

















Who doesn't remember this guy?

















If you ever played through the whole game, you remember this track. Its the last track in the game, and the most challenging both in single player and in multi player.
Gather 1x green block and 3 white blocks for teleport!


6. Starcraft























YEAH! Starcraft!
Released in 1998, this is the best PC game I've ever played!
Having lan parties back in the day and playing Starcraft was simply awesome. Not only is the campaign section of the game great, with an awesome story-line, but the multi player had so many great custom maps!


To name a few:

Turret defense
Fastest map possible
Nazi defense (LOL)
Tank defense

















Mass these and prepare for a shitstorm.






Part 2 coming soon.

32 comments:

syxiv on February 5, 2011 at 5:15 PM said...

Good list, I played all of these. x_x

Joe on February 5, 2011 at 6:38 PM said...

Jesus Christ Pokemon Stadium and Goldeneye were the greatest games ever!!!!! Me and my friends spent hours on end playing them, crowded around a small TV! Good choices man

Feed the Rapture on February 5, 2011 at 7:50 PM said...

I nostalgia'd at Pokemon Stadium, and I never even had my own N64 as a kid. Fantastic game from what little I played!

TJam on February 5, 2011 at 7:53 PM said...

Sounds good so far, except I don't know if I'd say Lego Racer is a top 10...at least to me.

Anonymous said...

Portal should definitely not be 10th, should be much higher...

Bdgorsh on February 6, 2011 at 6:34 AM said...

I approve of the list. Portal, Pokemon Stadium and Starcraft are all my favorite games. Looking forward to the next part.

Some_Chi_Guy on February 6, 2011 at 9:40 AM said...

Goldeneye is too low.

Gamerman's Gaming Blog on February 6, 2011 at 3:32 PM said...

I don't approve but it's all about opinions :-)
I would put some more PC things on there.

G on February 6, 2011 at 3:48 PM said...

Ah Starcraft how you entertained, frustrated and delighted me...great post

Matthew C on February 6, 2011 at 9:31 PM said...

Portal: YES.
Goldeneye: OH YES.
Pokemon N64: DO WANT.
Starcraft? Yessir.

I'm interested to see the rest of this list, monsieur. I would surmise that Half Life (2?) will make the top 5. Good work so far!

Neuro on February 7, 2011 at 2:11 AM said...

Wow some of these are a blast from the past!

Justsayin' on February 7, 2011 at 10:14 AM said...

Good list :)

Mr. Bloggity on February 7, 2011 at 5:25 PM said...

GoldenEye! I remember burning lots of time playing that game! Come to think of it, I think I have that game and the 64 to play it on!

Moore on February 8, 2011 at 7:07 AM said...

I Loved GoldenEye, best james bond ever :D

lovebloggin on February 8, 2011 at 4:18 PM said...

i completely agree with the list so far

Raw on February 8, 2011 at 5:15 PM said...

Awesome games, I need to go play GoldenEye now.

A Beer for the Shower on February 9, 2011 at 10:33 AM said...

I think I'd have to put Goldeneye in my Top 5. Silenced PP7!

n on February 10, 2011 at 8:21 AM said...

Looking forward to part 2. Goldeneye rocked.

Wolfoon on February 10, 2011 at 1:44 PM said...

starcraft <3

Bassislv on February 11, 2011 at 3:31 PM said...

good list so far, can't wait to see the other five

Primitive on February 13, 2011 at 3:56 AM said...

i love legoracers, best game

D.B. on February 14, 2011 at 2:28 PM said...

goldeneye proly one of the best games ever!

how i miss those afternoons playing with my cousin

jonwinters on February 16, 2011 at 6:59 AM said...

i always always won at the clefairy game. the ekans game was much more difficult. don't know how some will react to you liking pokemon stadium more than goldeneye, but to each his own

shishimaru on February 23, 2011 at 3:56 PM said...

nostalgia to the max! I was happy to see pokemans stadium but holy carp! Lego racers!! so much nostalgia and win up in here >:3

Anonymous said...

Goldeneye should DEFINITELY be higher

hoping to see Pokemon Red somewhere on the next list! (the game so damn good that they can make sequels and then remake the game and the sequels and still sell em)

i'm guessing ocarina of time is coming too heh

Ultimaniac on March 1, 2011 at 1:42 PM said...

....lego racers?

Justsayin' on March 3, 2011 at 10:57 AM said...

Awesome list.

Rabidmoose on March 5, 2011 at 7:30 PM said...

Gogo Starcraft! Amazing game.

llllollllll on March 6, 2011 at 2:53 PM said...

When is page 2 coming?

Zombie on March 14, 2011 at 4:04 PM said...

No argument here sir!

ratkicker on April 4, 2011 at 11:26 AM said...

Great post, can't wait for part 2.

doomsday on April 12, 2011 at 8:04 AM said...

portal for the win

Post a Comment

 

Nothing about everything. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com